– The Private Equity Profits podcast with Seth Greene Episode 003
Beatrice Mitchell The guest is Beatrice Mitchell of Sperry Mitchell and company founded back in 1986. Today one of the oldest and most active independent m&a advisory firms in the United States. Beatrice is a Co-Founder and Managing Director of Sperry, Mitchell & Company, an investment banking boutique which specializes in arranging the sale or merger of private mid-market companies. She also co-owns Percival Scientific, a leading Iowa-based manufacturer of biological incubators and plant growth chambers.
Listen to this informative Private Equity Profits episode with Beatrice Mitchell about Selling Your Business Post-Covid.
• What differentiates Sperry Mitchell as an independent m&a advisory firm.
• What an ideal company to help negotiate a sell off exit looks like.
• The biggest difference between an entrepreneur and non entrepreneur.
• How COVID has impacted buying and selling strategies
• Lessons learned from challenges faced
• The book, The Complete Guide to Selling your Business
• How the current interest rate environment affects sellers coming to market.
The Private Equity Profits podcast with Cliff Locks Episode 002 Sasha Grutman The guest is Sasha Grutman founder and Partner of Middle March Partners. Sasha co-leads the firm’s merchant banking and investing efforts. He has spent his entire career investing and advising high-growth financial services and business services companies that leverage technology to create sustainable advantages.
At Middlemarch, Mr. Grutman advises clients on business and capital strategy issues, has sourced over $730M of capital for clients, and serves as a board member for a number of Middlemarch clients and portfolio companies. He has deep domain expertise in specialty finance and transaction processing, sectors where he has been exceptionally active both as a merchant banker and as a private equity investor since 2002. Active with both private and public companies, he has participated in over $3.2B of transactions over the course of his career as a merchant banker and private equity investor.
Prior to founding Middlemarch Partners, Mr. Grutman served as a Partner at TH Lee Putnam Ventures, a $1B growth equity fund, where he co-led the firm’s financial services investments in specialty finance, insurance services, and electronic capital markets investments. Previously, he was a Managing Director at Citigroup where he oversaw the firm’s on balance sheet financial services private equity holdings as well as managed the bank’s $6 billion private equity fund-of-funds business. He has also held private equity investment roles at Goldman Sachs and Frontline Capital.
He began his career at The Boston Consulting Group in its Financial Services and e-Commerce Practices. Mr. Grutman received an MBA from the Wharton School where he majored in Finance. He was a Fulbright Scholar in Italy where he pursued independent research on Dante. He graduated from Yale University magna cum laude with a BA in Humanities. He holds Series 7, 63, 79, and 24 FINRA registrations.
Listen to this informative Private Equity Profits episode with Sasha Grutman about Identifying Ideal LBO Candidates
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
• What makes a good private equity dealmaker, fundraiser, researcher, associate
• important personality traits in finding value where there doesn’t appear to be any.
• The worst investment mistake he ever made, and what he learned from it.
• The most rewarding part of doing what Sasha does.
• Leaving a personal legacy
Connect with Sasha Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Cliff Locks: https://www.investmentcapitalgrowth.com/